CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Austin


Yesterday was our youngest son's 7th birthday. Where does the time go. I know we all ask that question, but no one really seems to be able to come up with a good enough answer. I can't seem to get enough pictures or memorabilia to preserve these times. I wonder sometimes if I spend too much time behind the camera and not enough in front of it! To celebrate his birthday, I made this cake for him. He's all boy and loves his trucks, especially monster trucks. It was such an easy concept which my husband came up with, and even easier to put together. I baked a chocolate cake and covered it with chocolate icing. To make the dirt mounds, my husband and son crushed some cheap cars. I placed them in the bottom center of the cake, added some smashed cupcakes on both sides of it and covered it with ligther chocolate icing. Placed some monster trucks on the cake and around it and duh dah...a monster truck cake! The trucks were part of his birthday presents. He loved it! And so did the kids in his party. We celebrated it at a gymnastic center where they hold a ton of birthday parties too. The kids jumped on trampolines, climbed ropes, ran on bouncy tracks, and my favorite, swung from a rope and jumped into a deep pit filled with foam cubes. Watching them trying to get out of it was like wastching someone in quicksand. Shh... don't tell anyone, but if they would have let me, I'd have jumped in too! Ah, to be a child again, filled with such innocence, wonder and just sheer joy of the moment. Love you Austin.

4 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Sounds like a perfect Birthday! I would have jumped in the foam things too :WINK: Happy Birthday Austin!

Tami Bayer said...

We had a birthday party once at one of those gym places...so much fun. Yes the time does speed by. Enjoy the moments. Happy Birthday Austin. Love the cake.

Ethel Amutan said...

Holy moley! That is SOME CAKE! It was fun to read about your birthday party. I love it when the kids to be kids, running around and just letting all of that energy go! Renu, you've been "tagged!" If you have time, check out my blog for details! Happy Birthday to your dear son, Austin!

Traci G said...

What a great birthday cake! Sounds like everyone had fun at the party. Love hearing the details of how you put your cake together. In my previous life I used to dabble in cake decorating. I've given all of that up for stamping now.

:-)

 

Hit Counters
Sierra Trading Post